Atkins Diet Snacks
Munching between meals is really a delight especially, when you are at work and you would want to take a break for quite a while.
Here are Atkins diet snacks that you can bring with you in the office. They are not just delicious, it is also packed with essential vitamins and minerals needed to boost your energy for the day’s toil.
Atkins Diet Snacks- Canadian Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Ingredients: 15- 20 mushrooms
4 oz cream cheese
6 slices bacon
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
grated cheddar cheese
1. Take the stems from the mushrooms then set it aside the caps. Chop the stems then saute in butter with garlic and onion powder.
2. Soften the cream cheese in a microwave for 20 seconds. Add the sauted stems and bacon bits then mix it well.
3. Turn the mushroom caps upside down and stuff the mixture inside. Put little grated cheddar cheese. Bake it for 350F in approximately 15 minutes.
Atkins Diet Snacks- Pecan Macaroons
Ingredients: 1 egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
¼ cup Splenda
1 cup ground pecans
1. Set the oven temperature to 375F. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until firm.
2. Slowly fold the Splenda then follow the ground pecans. Drop it by teaspoon unto greased paper.
3. Bake it for 8- 10 minutes until the color turns light brown.
Atkins Diet Recipes- Bell Pepper Nachos
Ingredients: ½ green, yellow and red bell pepper
¾ cup shredded monterjack cheese
2 tbs chopped olives
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
1. Cut the bell pepper in crosswise strips. Arrange it close together in an ungreased broilerproof pie pan.
2. Sprinkle it with cheese, olives, and red pepper. Broil the peppers with tops that is 3- 4 inches from heat for about 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Atkins Diet Snacks- Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Rolls
Ingredients: 8 spears of asparagus
8 slices of blackforest ham
8 sticks of cheddar cheese
1. Steam the asparagus for about 2.5 minutes until crisp.
2. Take 1 slice of ham then place one asparagus and one cheese on top. Roll it up and secure in a toothpick. Do it for the rest.
3. Place it on a microwave for about 25 seconds until the rolls are warm to touch.
Atkins Diet Snacks- Ricotta Physique Pudding
Ingredients: 16 oz container ricotta cheese
1 pack sugar free instant pudding
½ cup of nutri- sweet
1. Place all the ingredients in blender or food processor.
2. Combine until it is all creamy and smooth. Do it for about 2- 3 minutes.
3. Add the nutri- sweet to taste.
Atkins Diet Snacks- Latkes
Ingredients: ½ cup spaghetti squash
2 tbsp soy flour
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
½ tsp Splenda
1 oz grated cheese
1. Combine all the ingredients and fry in a heated pan with oil.
2. Serve it as it is and topped it with sour cream.
3. You can also serve it with no- sugar apricot spread on the side.