These wings are some of the best reasons to go on the Atkins Diet. They are completely legal for all phases of the diet and absolutely delicious. The Diet Coke is a unique ingredient, but it really does the trick. I think by adding the wings to the simmering sauce, the collagen helps thicken the sauce as well.
3 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce (Franks Hot Sauce recommended)
1 can Diet Coke with Splenda
1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 TBS Dried Chopped Onions
* Cut the wings into pieces.
* Mix other ingredients into large pot and start simmering.
* Add wings to pot to give flavor
* Heat Oil to 350-375F degrees
* Add wings to fryer and cook until done (12-14 minutes)
* Add wings back to Buffalo sauce and coat thoroughly
(IF = Induction Friendly)
** Like the Atkins Diet Videos Facebook Page: