With the new year, I see many people starting or restarting the Atkins or Ketogenic lifestyle. I wanted to make a number of key core recipes that I have found beneficial within Induction or starting a keto diet. What makes a recipe core or most beneficial? It is typically one easy to make, versatile regardless of tastes or what is in the fridge, and one that might make meal prep ahead of time easy. This crustless quiche meets all those criteria in spades and should help most new Atkins followers.
1.5 pounds Chicken -or- Ham
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 medium onion
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz shredded cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, etc.)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Nutrition Info: (Makes 9 servings)
1 piece, 375 Calories, 28g Fat, 5g Total Carbs (1g
Fiber, 4g Net Carbs), 26g Protein
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Well grease one 9×13″ baking dish.
2. Add Olive to large frying pan. Add peppers, onions to soften and get slightly browned.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, cream, salt, black pepper and beat together.
4. Add meat to the softened, slightly browned vegetables, and heat until warmed. (4 minutes)
5. Add meat and vegetables to the well-greased baking dish. Add cheese on top, and pour egg-cream mixture over the cheese. Spread until even on top.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown.
** Like the Atkins Diet Videos Facebook Page: