Are You On Compulsive Exercising?
Too much exercising can be called as compulsive exercise. Even though there are many benefits that are associated with exercise. Having too much will already take you at risk. Middle aged people, may it be men or women, are the active people who engaged in too much exercise because for them it is healthy. There are many ground to do exercise, it may be at home walking around the neighborhood or at the gym where you get to use their exercise equipment. The body will suffer if a person is doing excessive exercise. People have the mentally of effective weight loss when it comes to exercising too much. Yes it does make you lose weight but your body will starve. One thing that will cause the starvation of the body is the release of cortisol. Cortisol is that are being produced by the adrenal glands that will help you stay awake and alert. With the increase number of cortisol in the body it will stop the metabolism of the fat and thus the body will be eating your muscle. This will cause many problems to other parts and systems of the body. Here are common risks associated with too much exercise.
• Immune dysfunction. If there is excessive exercise, there is a tendency that the body will not be able to recover effectively. Without proper recover, the body will be stressed out leading to the decreased response of the immune system. If it is impaired, the body will be of risk for infection leading to serious problems.
• Problems in the Reproductive Health. If a woman’s fat level drops below 13 percent, it is an indication that amenorrhea due to excessive exercise will occur (stop menstruating). This will make the woman infertile. it may be reversible if the percent of the fat level will be 20 percent or above.
• Bone Health. This is greatly because there will be tendencies of higher risk in having osteoporosis and fractures brought about by stress. This is most applicable to women because they lose bone density if they stop menstruation so they are more prone to it.
• Tissue Injuries. This will involve the soft tissues or connective tissues that are most commonly found in the joint areas. Too much exercise will lead to destruction of the muscle mass and energy will be less due to the breakdown of the said muscles.
• Withdrawal symptoms. Excessive exercise will greatly affect the mood and cognition of the person. He will experience, depression, difficulty of concentrating, disturbance in sleeping, confusion and anxiety
To prevent this risk to happen, avoid doing excessive exercise to your body. It is the only way to keep the balance of your health. Consider exercise as a way to be healthy and not to have a fit body image. If you cannot control it, submit to exercise programs that will help you with your goals. The average exercise time is only 30 to 60 minutes and you have to rest after that to let the body recover. An approximate of 3-4 times per week is the only time you will have to do exercise. Begin with basic and simple exercise so that your body will adjust. After the adjustment, you can proceed to a more advanced one. The most important point to remember always let the body rest and recovers.